Ring

DSC04400

Photo
Vienna 2016

Advertisements

Divatcsarnok

IMG_2201-001

Divatcsarnok (Fashion Hall) is a department store in the VI. district in Budapest. It is located on the boulevard Andrássy út 39 between State Opera and Oktogon. The original store was built in 1882 by architect Gusztáv Petschacher, but burned down in 1903. The  house was rebuilt to the plans of architect Zsigmond Sziklai and reopened in 1911. The building is renowned for its glass-covered courtyard and the beautiful staircaseIn the back of the building a ballroom with frescoes by Károly Lotz has been preserved .

Photo
Budapest 2014

Karl-Borromäus-Fountain

IMG_2569

Photo
Vienna 2014

The listed fountain is located on the Karl-Borromäus-Platz in the 3rd district of Vienna. It is regarded as one of the few examples of free-standing Art nouveau sculptures. Due to the very limited space sculptor Josef Engelhart asked architect Jože Plečnik for help. Subsequently, Eduard Hauser (stone work) and A. Frömmel (casting work) were involved. The marble and bronze fountain was unveiled on 25 May 1909.