The listed fountain is located on the Karl-Borromäus-Platz in the 3rd district of Vienna. It is regarded as one of the few examples of free-standing Art nouveau sculptures. Due to the very limited space sculptor Josef Engelhart asked architect Jože Plečnik for help. Subsequently, Eduard Hauser (stone work) and A. Frömmel (casting work) were involved. The marble and bronze fountain was unveiled on 25 May 1909.