Greenhouse

Greenhouse

Photo
Florence 2017

Advertisements

Palmenhaus Vienna

IMG_1426

The so-called ‘Palm House’ is an Art Nouveau greenhouse in the first district of Vienna. It was built from 1902 to 1906 after plans by the architect Friedrich Ohmann. It has a length of 128 meters and a floor area of approximately 2,050 square meters.The decorations were designed by Josef Václav Myslbek. The building houses a café, the so-called ‘Palmenhaus Café’, which is located mid section. The left wing holds the butterfly house and the right wing is used by the Austrian Federal Gardens as greenhouse.

Photo
Vienna 2015