The so-called ‘Palm House’ is an Art Nouveau greenhouse in the first district of Vienna. It was built from 1902 to 1906 after plans by the architect Friedrich Ohmann. It has a length of 128 meters and a floor area of approximately 2,050 square meters.The decorations were designed by Josef Václav Myslbek. The building houses a café, the so-called ‘Palmenhaus Café’, which is located mid section. The left wing holds the butterfly house and the right wing is used by the Austrian Federal Gardens as greenhouse.